How did my story begin?

14:52


I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to MATILDA BAY's blog and thank you for wanting to learn a little more about me, the face behind it all! 

My name is Beth, I'm a Criminologist, Master's student and visual merchandiser at PANDORA jewelers, and I launched MATILDA BAY late 2016 when I was just 22. Since then, I have gone on a wondrous journey into the delights and at times, struggles of business. I have learnt so much about marketing, customer service, design and the dreaded SEO - all of which has become my new passion, as well as actually creating the hand painted phone cases, that I so love to do. 

So how did it all begin? In 2015 I achieved one of my most extravagant dreams, and had the marvelous opportunity to work in the most magical place on earth - Walt Disney World, Florida! I was a trained Lifeguard, I lived on a special Disney Cast Member campus that was glorious, and made a bunch of new friends of life, and also made a bit of magic for the guests. When I returned home from this once in a life time, incredible journey I was feeling very inspired, elated and raring to see where the experience could take me next. I loved Disney's ethos - their attention to detail, to magic and happiness, and wanted to continue bringing a little bit of sparkle to people's lives back home. How Disney makes every guest feel as special as Princess Cinerella - I want to make people feel like that. How Disney wraps you in warm hugs to keep you coming back for more - I want to create that. How Disney grasps inspiration from thought provoking trends, loving trends, relative trends - I want to provide that. 

And MATILDA BAY was born! By putting together my love for crafts, art, drawing as well as technology, I came up with something personal, special, functional and trendy. My hand painted phone cases are so versatile and adaptable to every customer's taste. I know I can provide a small element of that magic Disney so perfectly creates, just by sending a small parcel in the mail, on its way to make its new owner smile. 

These days you'll probably find me wondering the town, browsing the Internet or strolling through the woods or along the beach, searching for inspiration for my next design. Be it a sweet doggo I spot in the street or a fabulous pattern I come across on a skirt in the Mall. My main focus is finding inspiration that speaks directly to my lovely customers and fans, something you feel a personal connection to. After all, a mobile phone is such an important piece of our lives now, they store our most treasured photos, our very best friends, our favourite games, they're personal to you, so why shouldn't the case cover be any different? I aspire to fit every mobile phone with a phone case that truly expresses the personality, aspirations, inspirations and favourite things of its owner. 

Thanks for reading, hope you stick around!

Love, Beth x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Featured post

Design: The Watercolour Lion

Hey all! Introducing one of my newest designs that is proving very popular: the multicolour lion! Thi...